Monday, January 5, 2009

Melancholy Monday

As I returned to work from my long 2.5 week haidas, this was quite a long and somber day. Over my vacation spent at home, I was isolated from the news media as I didn't check the basic online news sources: msnbc.com, cnn.com, or even jsonline.com, on my lunch break. Instead, I enjoyed my meals with my husband, my cat, friends and/or family with minimal reminders of the outside world.

Unfortunately, on my lunch break today, I was faced with the cold reality of the news media and the constant banter about the bleakness of our economy and job markets. While I try to remain positive, the headline that sticks in my head is "Your Career: Jobs Outlook Grim for 2009". With all the things that are going on in the world, I can't help but be a little selfish and think of all the friends and family who are having job woes.

If we could just get everyone to think positive about things, including the economy, well, we wouldn't have a bad economy at all. Here's to trying to think positive.

I want to go back to my cocoon of ignorance relative to the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment